11 Apr 2011

How technology can enhance teaching & learning

Day 2                                               10.04.2011 Sunday Sunny J

Today, after 3 hours chatting on Skype with an old friend of mine in China, I started to wonder what did we use to communicate in the last 10 years? how these technologies have been developed dramatically fast? Now, there seems no distance between us of whatever we do and wherever we are. Obviously, in someway, I accept that the network communities have achieved to change, adapt and alter the way in which we communicate, share and collaborate with others; also they have achieved to bring us convenience and efficiency in our life and work.

Web 2.0, I find this tool is essential in my everyday life, in other words ‘I can’t live without the internet.’ Having read through the concepts, principles and different opinions of the reader web 2.0 and additional readings, I realize there is so much to discuss and explore on this topic. Therefore, I have decided to divide this topic into categories/sections.

At universities, Blackboard is a tool that allows faculty to add resources for students to access online (things such as notices and term timetables/unit handouts). Powerpoint, video, audio, animation, and other applications are created outside of Blackboard and added into Blackboard courses for students to enhance teaching and learning efforts. Whenever is in term time or not, I check blackboard regularly and there two main reasons for me to do this. As a student, I think blackboard provides many great features that allow me to access grades, content and communication tools. Also, it is a resource for me to be able to view class handouts, tests, and discussions that are provided by my tutor. Moreover, Blackboard allows me to view handouts, review tests, see the progress of my tasks, and more in order to enhance my learning experience. It enables me to contact my tutor at anytime and other students outside of class time. Very often, it allows me to assist and collaborate with others to enhance my course experience, share ideas and collaborate projects with different groups of people. With the outside artists or fashion agents, paid job or unpaid job offers are always put on the blackboard notice board. It is a great place to receive job offers, building up portfolios with others and it is a useful resource for students to keep records. The same with BAPP website, it has similarly functionality with Blackboard to provide us the quickest and convenient access to all course documents.

(This is a clearer and more detailed video to get an image in mind of how this technology works and being managed to deliver information.)


                                                                                                 To be continued……

1 comment:

  1. What is the other way? Do you find blackboard the same as the blogs.Is it as interactive?

    Where else do you find technology helping learning in your professional practise - photo, film, make-up?
    Adesola

    ReplyDelete