9 Jan 2012

Award Title Rational

I have been thinking about my award title since the course started and I think I have been around the circle many times and come back to what was my initial, simple thought.

I think there three strong reasons for my proposed award title; my initial training my FdA and my freelance, since then my inquiry on this module. 

I trained at London College of Fashion on the Diploma course for 1 year in Makeup and Hair Styling for Fashion and Editorial, and then I trained in the Foundation Degree course for 2 years in Makeup and Hair for Film and Television, also at London College of Fashion. After graduated from the college, I started doing my freelance make up. Since then I have been collaborating projects, shoots and events with other freelance professionals by using the skills and knowledge gained in my training. My work on BAPP and in particular my inquiry will be looking at ‘how does a makeup artist become professional and ensure to work successfully in such a competitive industry’ and specially looking at qualities and techniques/skills to become professional and asking in ways of how to ensure to work successfully and ethically in such a competitive industry.

Therefore, I have decided that the award title I will seek as a result of this programme will be:
BA(hons) Professional Practice (Makeup)

This is my thought and as I said above, I have been going around many times of this title in my head since beginning the course but now I feel that the term ‘Makeup’ is the most relevant and honest according to my previous training, experiences and the career I want to pursue. 

No comments:

Post a Comment